Cherry Creek School District - Academic Excellence in Action
Cherry Creek School District students consistently exceed state and national averages on standardized assessments including the ACT and SAT tests in large part due to our innovative and effective programs.
- The Cherry Creek School District boasts an 89% on-time graduation rate, compared to the state average of 81.1%.
- Cherry Creek School District graduates have earned more than $200 million in college scholarships in the past four years.
- CCSD Graduates have earned prestigious Boettcher, Daniels Fund and National Achievement scholarships, as well as College Board National Hispanic Scholars honors and U.S. Military Academy appointments.
- Our Cherry Creek Innovation Campus, a state-of-the-art career and college preparatory facility, helps students prepare for high paying, high demand careers and/or post-secondary training and education.
- CCSD ranks fourth among Colorado public school districts for the number of students participating in Concurrent Enrollment programs, which allow students to take college courses in high school.
- Cherry Creek Schools consistently rank at the top of lists of best schools in the state and 10 of our schools received the John Irwin School of Excellence Award in 2019.
“Excellent Teachers, Excellent Schools”
Teachers in the Cherry Creek School District average 10.6 years’ experience and 79% have advanced degrees.
CCSD has one of the lowest teacher turnover rates in the Denver Metro Area.
Our parents consistently rate the district’s excellent teachers as one of the top strengths of the school district.
The Cherry Creek School District was the only school district to make Forbes Business Magazine’s Best Employers in 2019 for Colorado. Forbes named CCSD one of America’s Best Large Employers in 2015 and 2016. CCSD was one of only three public school districts nationwide to receive that honor.
Mental Health and Nurses
The Cherry Creek School District is the only district in the state that has a registered nurse in every school.
CCSD invests heavily in mental health with teams of social workers and counselors supporting every school. Two years ago, the district adopted a 3-2-1 mental health model: There are three mental health professionals in every high school, two in every middle school and one in every elementary school.
Diversity and Equity
CCSD has committed to increasing the number of licensed teachers of color to reflect the diversity of our student community.
Embedded in our hiring practices and professional development, CCSD is proud to provide equity training for all employees.
With 45% of our students identifying as Black, Brown, Indigenous and people of color, we value the lived experiences of all cultures and recognize that all children benefit from learning in a diverse community.
CCSD is proud to have more than 150 languages spoken by families in our school district.
In our district, more than 29 percent of students qualify for Free and Reduced Price Lunch.
As part of our Future Forward strategic plan, CCSD is committed to ensuring that enrollment in advanced courses, including Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB), includes more students of color and is more reflective of the diversity of our student community.
Our Covid-19 Response
- Moved a high-performing, brick-and-mortar public school district of 55,000+ students and 8,000+ employees to full remote learning in a matter of days in March 2020.
- Distributed more than 7,000 laptop computers to students to enable remote learning.
- Distributed more than 250,000 emergency, grab-and-go meals to students during the district closure.
The Cherry Creek Schools Foundation established the Cherry Creek Schools Emergency Relief Fund, which has:
- Helped 584 families in need;
- Distributed 4,000 school supply kits;
- Supported the manufacturing of 5,300 headbands for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE);
- Partnered with the Aurora Food Pantry to provide 36,000 meals per week; and
- Provided 47,348 books and other reading materials to students.